Jose Lopez Portillo, Managing Partner
- Founding Partner and experienced private equity manager having acted as senior executive in growth-expansion funds in Mexico and emerging markets with more than US$235m of assets under management.
- Led investments totalling more than US$110m in the telecommunications, media, financial services, and digital sectors.
- Prior to founding Pedralbes Partners, Jose was a Principal at LIV Capital, the leading late-stage venture capital fund manager in Mexico with focus on Digital and Media.
- Previously, José was Senior Associate at Delta Partners in Dubai, a management consulting and private equity firm focused on Digital and Media.
- Prior to that, José was Operations Manager at Prolyt, an energy and power electronics company in Mexico and Business Analyst at McKinsey in Mexico City.
- MBA from IESE Business School, Barcelona and BS Hons in Electronics and Telecommunications Engineering from ITESM, Mexico City.
- Mexican national and fluent in English, Spanish and Italian.